In a few decades the homeland of the Jewish people may be unlivable.
That’s because climate change is a threat to Israel of the first order.
Your generous donation you can strengthen Israel against the deadly effects of global warming.
Donate before December 31st and you will protect Israel TWICE as much thanks to our End of Year Matching Campaign
I’m pleased to be able to end this difficult year with some good and important news.
A group of generous donors have stepped forward and agreed to double the impact of your donation. Every dollar given up to $45,000 this December will be matched.
I know you care about the future of Israel. That is why I’m asking for your generous help to strengthen Israel from the intensifying effects of climate change.
Within decades Israel may become uninhabitable, leaving the Jewish people again without safe refuge. Your support can protect us against this fate.
Climate change is not a threat in the distant future. It’s happening NOW.
In the past few decades, Israel has warmed 1.4 C (2.5 F). This may not seem much, but for those living here the consequences have already been tragic and ominous:
- Over 20 people have tragically drowned in the last two years from extreme weather events such as “rain-bombs” – an unbelievably intense torrent of water pouring from the heavens over just a few blocks that overwhelms the senses and drainage systems
- In the last few weeks Israel has been battered by powerful rains leading to massive flooding in major cities like Herzliya, Ashdod, Hod HaSharon, B’nei Barak and Kfar Saba. Many residents had to be rescued from their homes by boat
- Just in the last few months, over 5,000 families, in areas throughout northern and central Israel, were evacuated from their homes due to wildfires
- Flash flooding damaged on the tarmac one of Israel’s new F35 stealth fighter jets
- West Nile Virus was identified in the Tel Aviv area for the first time this summer. Other zoonotic diseases –that migrate from other species to humans, like COVID 19 – are hastened by climate change.
Beyond this, I’m most scared of the intensifying heatwaves themselves. Israel just experienced the hottest September ever recorded.
Once temperatures rise beyond 100 F (37 C) and with humidity levels common in Tel Aviv, our bodies are pushed beyond their ability to cool down. The heat will induce strokes and heart attacks, especially among the elderly and vulnerable. Even healthy adults will be in danger.
However, hope is not lost.
Your generous support can strengthen Israel by advancing projects that will mitigate the effects of climate change by using the power of nature.
With your support we can invest in nature in and around our cities to cool them and protect ourselves and our families from the impacts of climate change.
The types of projects urgently needed include:
- Planting trees and green corridors in cities to reduce the temperature by 2C
- Restoring wetlands to protect coastal areas against sea level rise
- Managing river basins using hydrological principals to reduce the risk of flooding
- Promoting green architecture to reduce the amount of heat buildings absorb
"It is not your responsibility to finish the work of perfecting the world, but you are not free to desist from it either” Ethics of the Forefathers 2:21
Implementing these solutions across Israel at the scale necessary is formidable. Without your support it will be impossible.
Double the impact of your gift by donating now and taking advantage of our End of Year Matching Fund. Double the impact of your gift and protect Israel.
Without these nature-based solutions I am afraid that within decades Israel will be uninhabitable, and again the Jewish people may have no homeland.
So please, click the link at the top of this page and make a generous donation to strengthen Israel from the impacts of climate change.
CEO, Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel
PS. Donations received by 31st December up to $45,000 will be doubled. Please donate today. Your gift will strengthen Israel against the impacts of climate change.